Medium Voltage (MV) Power Systems
Generators, Switchgear, Transformers and Cables. Design, Operation, Installation, Protection and Safety Considerations
About this Course:
The course is one of the most popular courses in electrical power system. It discusses the Medium Voltage Power System. The power system above 1 KV and less than 60 KV. Power generation at MV is discussed followed by MV switchgear types, designs, ratings, operation, then MV power cables, cable termination and splicing, cables ratings and performance monitoring, LV/MV, MV/MV or MV/HV power transformers, Instruments Transformers specs, design and sizing, power system protection and grounding in the MV range, Electrical hazards and precautions prior to energizing of MV power system.
Who Should Attend?
This comprehensive course is prepared for electrical engineers, power system engineers, design engineers, consultants and all those who want to learn about MV power system engineering.
- Single Line Diagrams
- Power System Voltage Levels
- MV Switchgears types, specs, applications and installations
- MV Power Cables construction, selection, sizing, jointing and termination
- Power Transformers, types, construction, specs, cooling, connections, vector group
- Grounding MV power equipment
- Protection of MV Power Equipment
- Testing MV Power Equipment
- Checks prior to energizing of MV power equipment
- High Voltage Hazards, Safeties and Arch Flash Protection