Diesel Generators Design & Applications
Engine, Alternator, Ratings, Sizing, Auxiliary Systems, Control and Protection
06 - 09 May 2018, Dubai - UAE
16 - 19 Dec 2018, Dubai - UAE
About this Course:
There is a booming demand for standby and prime power diesel generators in the region. Needless to explain the diesel generators importance in all power plants as black start units and in many cases as prime power units, contractors and consultants used to struggle when it comes to sizing the suitable generators for certain load types and for certain load profiles and when it comes to interpreting specifications and how customize the diesel generator and make it comply and meet these specifications. This course will answer this and many other concerns.
Who Should Attend?
This comprehensive course is prepared for application engineers, sales engineers, design engineers, consultants, production engineers, service engineers, project engineers, contractors and installation teams.
- Understand diesel engine constructions and ratings for diesel generators
- Overview of diesel engine auxiliary systems
- Speed governing and types of speed governors
- Ac generator design, ratings and specs
- Brushless excitation system and power generation
- Diesel generators planning and design considerations
- Sizing site loads and sizing diesel generators
- Understand skid base design considerations and mounting
- Understand the diesel generator vibration problem and vibration stress and how to reduce
- Understand how to attenuate diesel generator sound
- Learn how to select exhaust muffler grade, size, and how to size exhaust pipes
- Learn compressed air starting system components, and how to size it
- Learn different batteries used in diesel generators, and how to size them
- Learn control system, what it consists of
- Learn how to size jacket water and lube oil heaters for a diesel engine.
- Learn different instruments used on diesel generators for metering and protection
- Understand the different protections on the diesel generators
- Understand the modern diesel engines electronic management system
- Understand synchronizing of diesel generators, parallel operation and load sharing
- Understand how to prepare the genset for testing, what are the testing parameters and testing equipment used.
- Learn about diesel generators installation considerations and precautions
- Understand the operation and maintenance consideration for diesel generators.
- Learn about the applicable international standards in diesel generators business.